Intro: “For a long time Tremor was one of my favorite maps but never really liked the ‘rushed’ look of it.
So i decided to do justice to Tremor and reshape it.”
TITLE: Tremor Remake 2016
GAME: Tremulous (www.tremulous.net)
DOWNLOAD v1.0: http://dl.grangerhub.com/base/map-tremor_2016_v1.0.pk3
DOWNLOAD v1.1: http://dl.grangerhub.com/base/map-tremor_2016_v1.1.pk3
DOWNLOAD v1.2: http://dl.grangerhub.com/base/map-tremor_2016_v1.2.pk3
Thanks to following ppl for support and bug reports: dGr8LookinSparky , blowFish. Ckit, SUN, Woodbury
Everyone is allowed to play this map on their pc or host it on their server/ provide a download link.
- carving out space-theme, means: give the player the impression ‘i’m in space’
- replace textures who are more like a big machine / space ship. /look better
- replace whole brushwork with detailed structures who actually make sense related to a spaceship
- better / extravagant lighting, playing with shadow and light to create a spooky atmosphere
- correct sound ambient
- adjust gameplay by extend or reduce play area and keep most of tremor’s layout.
- this is build from scratch and does not include any brushwork from original tremor but shares very similar layout.
- high compile settings
- full vertex lighting including occlusion on all surfaces
- radiosity bounce
- ambient occlusion approximates light attenuation due to occlusion
- lightmaps using high resolutions lightmaps
- This is an UNOFFICAL remake.
- It’s not supposed to hurt anybody’s feelings.
- It’s the way I THINK it should look like. It doesn’t mean that THIS is the new Tremor.
- You can like it or not but please respect artistic freedom.
-polygon count reduced
-light brightness raised by 14%
-light-spots are now nonsolid, lightmap fixed
-storage03 area: box corner to the right: has now a no-build-area due human camping, boxes moved abit
-missing polygon at alien area (Blowfish) fixed
-‘Little hole at boxes room’ fixed
-flying plant pots fixed, only the biggest pot is solid
-‘The pillar of the ele is also noclipped’ fixed
-‘Under the ele in the botton side position, is a little noclipped area’ fixed
*regarding gl2 effects: i don’t think that i should do any of those effects until Tremulous 1.3 is released because most players do not use newer clients that supports these effects and older client would list a ton of error-messages because they can’t handle these new things.
-hint brushes added
-clipping errors fixed
-un-powered turret moved
-elevator sound & ‘block’ issue fixed
-underground / machinery room re-designed