I began the development of a new fonts implantation. Mainly there are now 6 fonts and they have “real” shadow.
- font : replace old (maybe illegal) Agency FB for all standard texts
- bigFont : dedicated to big texts, as loadings bar and others big titles
- smallFont : Same as font, but lighter
- chat : A font dedicated to the chat. Also used for tutorial mode. (standard font is too much compact and have sometime multi-line overlap, mainly with emoticon and brackets)
- alien : dedicated to aliens team. Used in team score and in centers prints. Could replace “bigchar” used in health bar and other numeric thing.
- human : same as alien for human
- Font system still compatible with old fonts
- Resize teamscore’s columns
- Windows background blur
- Emoticons haven’t “real” shadow, only old school (for now)
- Neon effect/shadow seem to not be exactly under the font. (Not so grave due to the enhancement)
- Memory usage:
- I haven’t do any research. Since my animated creep tag are by far a lot worse than 30 * 1024^2 pixels, no ?
- Maybe solving some cosmetic issues
- Create a script for all designer / developer to generate emoticon shadow
- Rewrite CG_DrawFieldPadded
- Open to suggestions
- Repair some compatibility break
- Stop measuring width of \0 when asking the width of a one char string (+ \0).
- 127> chars didn’t behave well. With news fonts it’s highlighted.
This pull request is based on my “gamepad” update since it contain some UI patch and other patch to my previous “game quality” update. Merging this pull without “gamepad” update is a almost a nonsense.
Moreover I do this request separately because making a font update could perturbate some user, and could be in some way a bad idea. BUT, I tried to keep old font fully working. Replacing it in PK3s should works.