Would you be for CPM physics to be added to Tremulous ?
First and foremost, what are CPM physics ?
CPM physics are physics taken from the famou Quake:CPM game which allow strafe and an easy bunny hop.
I discovered those some months ago after downloading back Warsow after 6 years and it was the most stunning gameplay discovery I had made for years, even changing my way of seeing movement IRL (true story). If you want to learn more about those, rtfm
Strafe and bunny hop make movements in any game a smooth and great experience, and make racing become a serious business thing. I love it.
test server implemented those, and many people seems against it. So I'm gonna make a poll about it, and point good and bad things about what implementing those physics do.
- Fun to use.
- Makes racing/moving a greater experience.
- New possibilities for mappers.
- New possibilities for modders ?
- Digs the hole between experienced players and newbies.
- Turns Tremulous from Tremulous to QuakeCPM:Tremulous, as each elements becames a support for CPM physics to be used (example : goon charge + bunny hop).
-Total change of state of mind, Tremulous now becomes a "jumping" game.
- Destroys to me most of Tremulous's spirit.
Should CPM physics be included ?
- Yes, with some little per-class adjustments
- Yes, with great per-class adjustments
- Yes, as a mod (non vanilla)
- I don't give a flock
Choose up to 2 options
If you have other points to state they can be added above.