I had to revert my previous TeamStatus system introduced in https://github.com/GrangerHub/tremulous/pull/104 as I didn’t find any acceptable way to implant it on client and server without the need of custom QVM. (I would to add it on game logic, allowing servers to give a better way to send the team status than the
/teamstatus command which have a lot of limitations).
I think that my code were quite well written: this repo is not a new version of tremulous, just a client.
What is removed:
- Realtime team status sended along stages and other things in the snapshot
- Spawning UI will not draw a “[!]” when a critical buildable is needed as: OM, booster, DCC, RC, Arm, MedicalStation
- Builder UI will not draw “[!] [overmind/reactor]” when the reactor or OM need to be rebuild.
- Builder UI will not draw “[!]” on needed critical buildable
What will still work:
- It still show upgradable class/weapon/item
- It still print a “[!]” on ammo when it’s not full
- It still show locked class
- It still show when you need to upgrade to adv builder to build anything
Preview of team/weapons/item/class/buildable are still fully working as it’s independent.