- Levels 0-9 each contain sets of flags
- No levels that are undefined can be used
- Negative level unused
- Admins potentially climb ladder instead of doing job at current level
Names not too important here. Automatically set ‘rank’ of a player, based on total play time and current standing (karma)
- Unknown player (unregistered)
- New Recruit (newly registered) (has flags for basic abilities/rights)
- Soldier (player in good standing)
- Veteran (same as above but has successfully used their karma for using player tools)
- Game moderator (the server owner and just a couple of hand-selected people to step in, after the fact, if needed)
Peer Viewable Action Log:
- Anyone can see what peers do
- Anyone can Report an action if they believe it was done incorrectly
- Verified Report will reduce karma
- Karma & Reputation:
- Largely invisible to players
- Karma effects each game.
- Karma modifies all-time reputation (day to day avg)
- Karma decays over time (good and bad, but bad karma much quicker).
Karma modifiers on Flags.
- Each flag can require minimum K Karma level to use.
- Each flag can have a karma threshold modifier:
- negative karma amount before flag is disabled
- positive karma difference needed to use (you need more Karma than targets by X units)
- maximum karma variation allowed (you need at least X % of target’s Karma to use on them)
- Each flag can be disabled for custom M minutes (if karma threshold is exceeded)
- Karma threshold (amount of negative karma that is allowed before disabling)
- Amount of Karma lost by using the flag
- Amount of Karma lost by having flag used on you
- Amount of Karma lost if flag was used incorrectly and gets reported and verified
- Some flags depend on others other flags to also be granted
- Some Flags can be shared to others
- Some Flags can only be shared to lower tier when you are online
- Some Flags disable other lower tier flags when you are online
- Some Flags dis/enabled by the presence and activity (pointless if afk) of players in a particular group
- Revoke shared flags for a group or player or below a karma level
Goals and Intended results:
all players would start on a level playing field, with 0 karma, equally.
The game-play of Tremulous itself should strive to handle most common problems, automatically via use of the karma/reputation/tiers. The system would integrate with “Required vote reasons”
(citing the server’s ruleset/giving the rule numbers labels) and any other new player democracy tools, using regular players to handle any other common problems that crop up.
- Karma/reputation system
- Required vote reasons
- In-game reporting of players
- Server-side demo playback (and a separate server to play back games, or make the demos available to download)